Employee wellness is a critical part of workplace health and safety. At Wellpoint we take a holistic approach to the health and wellness. We believe that a well planned health promotion campaign can engage employees, bring people together and give leadership a chance to let employees know their health is important to the business! We can help build a strategy that targets specific employee health risks, building your annual wellness calendar around those areas relevant to your unique workplace.
The clinic is conducted by trained Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses. The nurse reviews the employee’s personal health profile and clinical numbers, offering insights and answering any questions the employee may have. The clinic offers a comprehensive approach to workplace health screening and adds an important high risk follow up component.
- Total Cholesterol – Cholesterol is an important part of a healthy body it’s used for producing cell membranes and some hormones, and serves other needed bodily functions. When there is too much cholesterol in your blood, it builds up in your arteries and can eventually increase your chances of developing heart disease. Using a single finger poke for blood collections we measure total cholesterol and blood glucose.
- Glucose – Using a (RGT) Random Glucose Test (aka capillary blood glucose) blood is taken and measured from a non-fasting subject.
- Blood Pressure – Research has shown that monitoring blood pressure can be helpful to identify and help control high blood pressure (HBP) or hypertension. Since there are no symptoms for HBP, this is a critical test. We use a traditional Blood Pressure cuff.
- BMI/Waist Circumference – We can assist with an actual Hip/Waist measure or calculate risk based on height and weight for Canadian Standards.
- Risk Information – Details regarding their level of risk and critical next steps are outlined.
Clinics can be booked at your facility, over multiple days, or in tandem with other health initiatives including speakers, wellness fairs, or training days.