Health and safety programs need to address the whole person. The mental and emotional health of employees is critical to their wellness and engagement! That’s why at Wellpoint we have specific supports for our return to work programs and we offer targeted training for the workplace.
Your mental health claims are rising.
We are here to help.
Introducing Wellpoint Connect: Therapy for your employees.
Wellpoint Connect provides secure, private video therapy to your employees and is conveniently available from any location online at no additional cost to you. This tool removes the time commitment and often perceived stigma of physically attending an appointment and makes it easier for your employee to get the help they need, when they need it.
Our seasoned mental health professionals are able to work directly with the employee to address their needs, help them stay on the job, and provide strategies necessary to remain focused and engaged at work.
We made the user interface as intuitive and simple; the employee simply clicks on the link below, logs in, selects their therapist, schedules an appointment, and the insurance receipts are issued at the end of the session.
Wellpoint Connect was developed by Wellpoint Health, a Canadian leader in Occupational Health and Safety focused on keeping employees healthy, happy, and safe at work – because we all need to connect sometimes.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Course
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the help provided to a person developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. The first aid is given until appropriate professional treatment is received or until the crisis is resolved.
The course is taught by an Occupational Health Nurse who has been certified by the Mental Health Association of Canada
Over two days, the instructor will review in detail the aspects of Mental Health related to Substance Related Disorders, Mood Related Disorders, Anxiety and Trauma Related Disorders, and Psychotic Disorders. The instructor will also teach First Aid skills for the situations such as Substance Overdose, Suicidal Behaviour, Acute Stress Reaction, Panic Attacks, and Psychotic Episodes.
Employee wellness is a critical part of workplace health and safety. At Wellpoint we take a holistic approach to the health and wellness. We believe that a well planned health promotion campaign can engage employees, bring people together and give leadership a chance to let employees know their health is important to the business! We can help build a strategy that targets specific employee health risks, building your annual wellness calendar around those areas relevant to your unique workplace.
The clinic is conducted by trained Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses. The nurse reviews the employee’s personal health profile and clinical numbers, offering insights and answering any questions the employee may have. The clinic offers a comprehensive approach to workplace health screening and adds an important high risk follow up component.
- Total Cholesterol – Cholesterol is an important part of a healthy body it’s used for producing cell membranes and some hormones, and serves other needed bodily functions. When there is too much cholesterol in your blood, it builds up in your arteries and can eventually increase your chances of developing heart disease. Using a single finger poke for blood collections we measure total cholesterol and blood glucose.
- Glucose – Using a (RGT) Random Glucose Test (aka capillary blood glucose) blood is taken and measured from a non-fasting subject.
- Blood Pressure – Research has shown that monitoring blood pressure can be helpful to identify and help control high blood pressure (HBP) or hypertension. Since there are no symptoms for HBP, this is a critical test. We use a traditional Blood Pressure cuff.
- BMI/Waist Circumference – We can assist with an actual Hip/Waist measure or calculate risk based on height and weight for Canadian Standards.
- Risk Information – Details regarding their level of risk and critical next steps are outlined.
Clinics can be booked at your facility, over multiple days, or in tandem with other health initiatives including speakers, wellness fairs, or training days.