Health Assessments and Evaluations
Wellpoint Health offers independent medical evaluations and medical opinions/file reviews, as well as a full suite of return to work support services. Our reports are always timely, reliable and consistent across the country. We are a major national provider of medical assessments and evaluations with over 250 full-time employees and 1,000 medical assessors across Canada.
We offer not only a quality IME but additional tools to remove return to work barriers. We have an extensive network of over 1,500 allied health professionals providing:
- Vocational Rehabilitation, including transferrable skills analysis, labour market surveys,
- Functional Abilities Evaluation,
- Ergonomic Evaluations,
- Physical/Cognitive Demands Analysis,
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy,
- Return to Work Facilitated Meetings,
- Mindfulness and Stress Management,
- Physician Consultations, for difficult cases, and
- Doctor to Doctor Reviews.
Independent Medical Evaluations
Independent Medical Evaluations, Fitness for Work Medical Assessments, Case File Reviews and Medical Opinions are managed by our network of medical evaluators. Our network consists of seasoned specialists who work closely with our medical directors. WellPoint is committed to medical and occupational expertise. We provide the following services across Canada:
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Fitness for Work Medical Assessments
- Complex Case File Reviews/Medical Opinions
Our medical directors are occupational health physicians, and Board Certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada, the Canadian Board of Occupational Medicine and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons. This focus on certified occupational physicians ensures the evaluators receive the guidance needed to understand the workplace context, risks, impacts and possible solutions. This means our evaluations always relate specifically to the short- and long-term disability claim, ensuring case managers and key professionals get what they need to move the claim forward.
- We provide accurate and timely diagnoses and prognoses that clearly indicate the optimum management for the employee and any restrictions/capabilities that may be barriers to return to work.
- Our goal is to provide an unbiased and highly professional evaluation so that the employee and employer can have a good understanding of what the stay at work/return to work potential is or might be.
- Our assessors are experienced professionals, with a minimum of five years medical experience.